This book was able to give me a deeper understanding of the typical life of an enslaved person.
Out of print classics
I was able to imagine the hardships that she went through and the fears that she faced. It is easy to read text from a history book, but that does not give you any information on the typical abolitionist mindset and the hardships that they faced. Many people recognize abolitionists as radicals who were fighting for a change, but not many realize the extent of their fight.
Abolitionist were in constant danger, from the moment that they entered the movement until after it was over. They would often find themselves facing others who did not share the same beliefs that refused to even hear another side of the story. Abolitionists were often on their own, and constantly had to look over their shoulder to protect themselves. Again, this is something that you can read about in history books, but you will never have a deep understanding from just basic knowledge.
- Mechanizing Mathematical Reasoning: Essays in Honor of Jörg H. Siekmann on the Occasion of His 60th Birthday?
- Understanding the Leningrad Dutch;
- The 2002 World Forecasts of Plants, Seeds, and Fruit Used in Perfumes and Pharmaceuticals Export Supplies;
- Against Slavery: An Abolitionist Reader: Mason I. Lowance: - nypowoqevuki.tk!
- The Dolphins of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern, Book 13).
- About This Item.
When trying to find out about the history of any topic, it is vital that you refer to outside sources, such as written books. While you can find a good deal of information from the internet and reference texts, you are almost guaranteed to not find the same level of understanding that you would from a work of nonfiction.
Books are the basis of every great research paper, and they should not be overlooked. You must be logged in to post a comment. Harriet Jacobs: Later Years. Leave a Reply Cancel reply You must be logged in to post a comment.
Literary References | The Abolitionist Movement: His-Story and Her-Story
Skip to toolbar Sites at Penn State. Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next hours. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Towards a Cognitive Linguistic Approach to Language Comprehension.
- The Decentralized Energy Revolution: Business Strategies for a New Paradigm!
- Small-Block Chevy Engine Buildups HP1400;
- ISBN 13: 9780140437584.
- Books On Slavery & Abolition Of Slavery.
Enter email address. Welcome to Christianbook.
An Overview of the Movement that Would Change the Country Forever
Sign in or create an account. Search by title, catalog stock , author, isbn, etc.
Against Slavery: An Abolitionist Reader. By: Mason I. Wishlist Wishlist. Write a Review.
Advanced Search Links. This product is not available for expedited shipping. Add To Cart.
Other Titles by Mason Lowance
Voice of Choice: Subdue the Bully. Add To Cart 0. How Strong Is an Ant? Scientists Who Believe.
Related Against Slavery: An Abolitionist Reader (Penguin Classics)
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved